01/20/15 12:00pm
REPORTER FILE PHOTO |  Results from the Shelter Island election are in.

REPORTER FILE PHOTO | Results from the Shelter Island election are in.

At the Shelter Island Library’s annual meeting on Saturday, January 17, four incumbents of the Board of Trustees were re-elected for three-year terms: Peter Farrar, Phyllis Gates, William Martens and Mary-Faith Westervelt. David Roggie was elected to the fifth seat on the board, filling the position left vacant by the late Gail Vielbig. (more…)

01/18/15 12:00pm
BEVERLEA WALZ PHOTO Front left: Lorna Laspia, Lois Charls, Karoline Kilb and George Dawson. Back left: Paul Shepherd, Peter Reich, Ron Lucas, Pat Berkus, Tom Charls and Dr. Barbara Phillips-Cole.

BEVERLEA WALZ PHOTO
Front left: Lorna Laspia, Lois Charls, Karoline Kilb and George Dawson. Back left: Paul Shepherd, Peter Reich, Ron Lucas, Pat Berkus, Tom Charls and Dr. Barbara Phillips-Cole.

The Silver Circle Social Club held its holiday party on Wednesday, January 7. More than 50 people, including invited guests, attended.

Club members and staff were also on hand to toast the new year. (more…)

01/13/15 10:00am

COURTESY PHOTO

COURTESY PHOTO

Brian Caputo of Commack recently emailed us a photo of this postcard. He said, “I collect old vintage postcards from Shelter Island because it’s my favorite place.

“I recently bought this one but cannot place where it was taken. It’s postmarked ‘1909 Greenport.’ Seems to be in a creek and the building is obviously not the Prospect or Manhanset.”

If you know, give us a call at 749-1000, extension 22 or email Community News Editor JoAnn Kirkland at j.kirkland@sireporter.com.