The Pridwin Hotel overlooking Crescent Beach is planning some major renovations on its 7.3-acre site and will discuss them with the Zoning Board of Appeals.
Hotel representatives will be at Wednesday night’s ZBA meeting scheduled at 7:30 p.m. at Town Hall to make the case for special permits for a two-phase project to:
• Expand the second and third stories of the hotel, each by 1,349 square feet.
• Expand the front of the building by 2,468 square feet.
• Undertake additional basement excavation and/or finished basement work.
A special permit is also needed for:
• A 514 square-foot-cochere entrance to the building through which a vehicle could pass to provide arriving and departing guests with protection from the elements.
• A 300-square-foot deck and egress stairway.
• A 700-square-foot additional pool patio and an 880-square-foot wood deck to accommodate four seasonal pool cabanas.
In the second phase of the project, the owners need a special permit to construct:
• A 6,060-square-foot activity center.
• Seven new cottages covering 5,824 square feet of the property.
• Relocation of the tennis office.
• Construction of an 875-square-foot laundry/utility building and relocation of a storage building.