The Shelter Island Historical Society has expressed appreciation to those Islanders who have already submitted their accounts of life on the Island during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, and welcomes more responses.
Here are some of the topics you might share your experiences on:
• What surprised you while homeschooling your children?
• How was your business affected?
• Where are your family members and how often do you communicate with them?
• What is one thing you’ve learned to “do without?”
• How has your perspective on things changed?
• What are some positive things that have come out of social distancing?
Contact the Archival Department at [email protected] to submit your stories.
When posting photos on Facebook or Instagram, please use the following hashtags: #shelterislandhistoricalsociety #capturingthecovid19crisis #shelteredonshelterisland #historyinthemaking #shelterislandarchives